World XV Team of 2018
sparky last edited by sparky
Similar idea to the NZ XV. Pick a World XV to play the NZ team. Select players who enhanced their reputation or standing this year.
- Steven Kitshoff (South Africa) Massive game against ABs in Wellington, scrummaged well all year.
- Guilherm Guirado (France) Has brought a welcome sense of maturity, professionalism and flair back to French Rugby. Excellent in the 6 Nations.
- Tadhg Furlong (Ireland) Outstanding throughout the year. Developing into one of the greatest Props to ever play the game.
- James Ryan (Ireland) Big unit, athletic, young, Irish folk hero in the making.
- Leone Nakarawa (Fiji) Superb offloading skills. European player of the year.
- Aaron Shingler (Wales) Impressive against Scotland. Dominant ball-carrier.
- Sam Underhill (England) Excellent in Autumn internationals. Very Busy. Best English openside since Neil Back.
- CJ Standler (Ireland) Key man for Ireland in attack and defence
- Faf de Klerk ( South Africa) Busy little terrier. Superb passing.
- Jonny Sexton (Ireland) Mr Reliable. He has worked hard to improve his passing, defence and goal-kicking.
- Jacob Stockdale (Ireland) Big and fast, scores lots of tries. Reminds me of John Kirwan but has a better kicking game.
- Hadleigh Parkes (Wales) vastly improved from when he was at the Blues.
- Huw Jones (Scotland) Former Stormer, superb against England. Always a threat with the ball in hand.
- Jonny May (England) scored 8 international test tries in 2018. Added guile to his pace.
- Matteo Minozzi (Italy) Fast, elusive. 4 tries for Italy in the 6 Nations.
If I had to select just one Italian, it would have been Jake Polledri who was outstanding despite playing in a very poor team.
I am happy you did not mention Marx who was very disappointing this year, particularly as with his throws, nor Jonathan Davies who missed the whole 6 Nations Championship and the June tour. Both of them were systematically selected by the NH journalists in their team of the year.
I’d probs have mike Delaney in that team